There are a few easy tips and tricks we can share. But the only rule of portrait wardrobe is that comfort trumps all! Please wear what you are comfortable in.
– I love when people come in something that looks like them, make sure you feel comfortable.
-Bring out your COLOR. Jewel tones tend to be very smashing in pictures and easy to pick out these days. Color is great for skin tones, bringing out eye color, and creating vibrant focal point.
– Now, our goal is to get accurate representations of your family, acting like a family. We want you to show your personality. We definitely advise wearing comfortable clothing so we can stand, sit, cuddle and play!
– Layers are always fun (Ex. shirts, vest, sweater, scarfs, hats)
– Make sure if you wear white it does not wash “your” skin out.
– No logos or big prints.
– I love bright splashes of color.
– Muted color schemes are also good for Winter.
– You can bring some of your own props/accessories, sometimes it is more special to you if it is something of your own.
– You should bring stuff to touch up your make up and hair for your photo-shoot to freshen up.
– Tennis shoes are good back up shoe for mom to bring when walking longer distances in high heels 🙂
– Matchy Matchy is cute, but it is fun to switch it up and not be exactly matching (ex. same color scheme but different shades of the color, or completely different color schemes that still compliment each other).
– With families, sometimes it’s easiest to pick a favorite outfit that one person has and build the entire family’s wardrobe around that. It’s not always about matching, but more about coordinating. Bold jewel tones such as riyal blue, purple, red, orange, mustard yellow, and kelly green. These colors look amazing in photographs. Other colors can work too-but these are our favorite in the final product.
Remember- if you are a family that daily wears black or white or muted colors- this might not be your thing- the most important thing is for you to be comfy and happy in your clothes.
WHERE CAN I GET THAT LOOK? Here are some suggestions:
Forever 21 kids
You can contact me with any questions:
Or email us at: FlourishGallery@gmail.com